click tracking
Trish

About being female

Hi everyone. Looking to start a conversation about peoples' experience of hanging out female. My general impression in talking to folks is that it seems to be perceived as some sort of punishment - 'I'm female and stuck in issues' I've heard quite a lot, or 'I went female and dropped', or the general focus on the importance of being male in order to get to a 'higher level' or light level.

I've been female quite a bit lately, seems like several of us have, and my experience of it is different. I feel peaceful, compassionate and sometimes quite expanded or exalted. Content to be the matrix or fabric of existence. Does anyone else ever experience *that* aspect of female? Or something like it?

Would love to hear other peoples' perceptions and experiences in your own words...

This is Trish, by the way.

Hi Trish,

I dont see the punishment part of it at all.  By female side, it really just means being more receptive or often supporting others around you.  That supporting is like stretching the muscles, may feel a little painful, but in the big picture it is making you clearer (stronger).

Best, Jeff

I don't either, that's why I'm hoping for somewhat of a dialogue on it. Thanks for expounding on it a bit...

As yet another 'male' commenting...  I think we need more phsyical females to comment.    While I could share my experience as female, I don't fee that helps the topic.  

Edited by david

I have found the female aspect to be amazing and very difficult at times. Many of the best times of just being is when I have been female.

For me it is when I am dealing with issues, working on them is when I am female. I think that is the same for many others and why it gets a bad rap. It is also when you let go of those issues that you notice the biggest expansions which is often noticed from the female side.

Still on the road but I have noticed almost a peak of struggling with the female side and after reaching that peak working on issues when female hasn't been as difficult. While working on issues is never fun, I have always looked at it as a opportunity for growth. If I was really struggling I knew that something good was going to come from it. Changes in ones being, in how I go about my day. In light terms big expansions.

I have also learned it is important to have people close to you, to help you, to support you when you are dealing with those issues that are getting hit on hard.

I know I focused on the difficult aspect but the female side can also be pretty amazing.

Thank you for the topic. 

Hey Tom - thanks for chiming in!

4 hours ago, Tom said:

I have found the female aspect to be amazing and very difficult at times. Many of the best times of just being is when I have been female.

For me it is when I am dealing with issues, working on them is when I am female. I think that is the same for many others and why it gets a bad rap. It is also when you let go of those issues that you notice the biggest expansions which is often noticed from the female side.

Still on the road but I have noticed almost a peak of struggling with the female side and after reaching that peak working on issues when female hasn't been as difficult.

Do you experience an energetic sensation of expanding? Or how do you identify that expansion is happening?

That's interesting about the peak of the struggle - is that something that happens at each level, or it was a one-time thing and it's been easier ever since?

I feel like I address issues on both the male and female side, but maybe I'm kidding myself and it only happens on the female side. The particular space I'm curious about is the higher level female side. (Although it might be interesting to compare the male and female experiences at higher levels... ) I find, on those occasions, that there's a feeling of being adrift in the universe, and that that's just fine. There's an amazing sense of well-being and detachment, and a feeling like I'm an unlimited source of energy. The ultimate residing. Maybe it's just me in a fantasy land. :)

3 hours ago, Cybele said:

Hey Tom - thanks for chiming in!

Do you experience an energetic sensation of expanding? Or how do you identify that expansion is happening?

That's interesting about the peak of the struggle - is that something that happens at each level, or it was a one-time thing and it's been easier ever since?

I feel like I address issues on both the male and female side, but maybe I'm kidding myself and it only happens on the female side. The particular space I'm curious about is the higher level female side. (Although it might be interesting to compare the male and female experiences at higher levels... ) I find, on those occasions, that there's a feeling of being adrift in the universe, and that that's just fine. There's an amazing sense of well-being and detachment, and a feeling like I'm an unlimited source of energy. The ultimate residing. Maybe it's just me in a fantasy land. :)

Sometimes I have felt the energetic sensation of expanding. Like I was being stretched. Often this would happen in my dreams and I would wake up moaning from the strain of it.  Most often though the expansion is realized by a change in ones daily life. Deeper silence, feeling more spacious is often a clue.

As far as struggling with issues. It has been an ongoing thing. The energy hits on issues and depending on the depth of the obstruction it can get pretty intense. There has been a couple of times where I wanted to run away and quit. Times when I have had to take a break from it all and let things settle down. The only way to expand or go deeper is to let go of issues. Some issues we hold on tighter to than others. A big one for me was that I wasn't good enough, didn't have all the cool skills as everyone else.

At the same time as we go deeper we also have all the tools to deal with them. Increased silence, friends and teachers that can help provide space to help us let go of the issue.

I tend to look at every upset and as opportunity to reside in it to let it go. Driving is perfect..  :D

I would not discount your feeling of being adrift, of unlimited energy and thinking it is fantasy land.. Far from it.

Of course, depending on ones perspective.. not sure if I can truly comment on high level female. There is a difference from us males or at least I know me and how a female experiences energy. A huge difference.

5 hours ago, Tom said:

Of course, depending on ones perspective.. not sure if I can truly comment on high level female. There is a difference from us males or at least I know me and how a female experiences energy. A huge difference.

Well, really, who can? It's more just a discussion on what we've experienced, and maybe how our experiences have evolved as we travel this road, regardless of being biologically male or female.

Thank you for the insights...

It seems that as time goes on, for me... male and female become more similar in regards to how I feel during the day.

When I began this journey of learning about both ends of the spectrum, there was a big difference in the two.  Male felt powerful, outgoing, confident ... yet when I was female, it was the opposite - weak, very introverted, shy.  That has changed now ... my male isn't as confident, yet my female isn't as shy.  It's like the two sides are balancing themselves out.  Of course, I still notice when I'm one or the other, but the shifts aren't as drastic now.

Some things I've noticed about the female side, is I don't have much desire to do meditation or any sort of "work".  I'm content with just being in the moment - whatever that may be.

Agreed with you guys though - that female gets a bad rap.  Usually when your "caught" in issues and dragged into it, we naturally go female, but there's definitely more to it than just the difficult times.

Thanks FaXin - appreciate hearing your experience in these realms.

On 7/25/2018 at 9:46 AM, FaXin said:

Some things I've noticed about the female side, is I don't have much desire to do meditation or any sort of "work".  I'm content with just being in the moment - whatever that may be.

That seems to be a common theme in the responses. I'm curious if you have any direct experience of expansion happening, like Tom does sometimes? And if so, what is that like?

Also, here's another question for everyone: is it different working with others from the female side? For me, it seems easier to hold the space for whomever I'm working with...

8 hours ago, Trish said:

Thanks FaXin - appreciate hearing your experience in these realms.

That seems to be a common theme in the responses. I'm curious if you have any direct experience of expansion happening, like Tom does sometimes? And if so, what is that like?

Also, here's another question for everyone: is it different working with others from the female side? For me, it seems easier to hold the space for whomever I'm working with...

Hi Trish,

The closest thing to experiencing an expansion I've felt would be what I describe as a "release".  It's a bit like you have a pressurized tank which has reached critical levels, and you hit a "release" valve.  I can describe it as an inner tension releasing.  Like an energetic "Ahhh". I'm not sure if it's a temporary release, or an expansion like we're talking about.  But it's a very palpable release, either way.

In regards to working with others... one thing I've noticed has been I am more sensitive to the other person when I'm female.  I can feel their energy more clearly.  When I'm male side of things, I just kind of blast and feel more of my own energy than theirs.  (Guys can be selfish... :))

Edited by FaXin

On 7/21/2018 at 5:44 PM, Trish said:

Why not? This is intended as a discussion from every perspective...

I only meant that the 'female feeling' may be different for males vs females on some level.  My understanding is, in general, one's gender will usually also be their dominant energy 'gender' side at first going Light  (but not always, as there are exceptions to anything in life).   So your primary female energy side is likely much different than my secondary female energy side in the sense that you've been in a physical covering experiencing that way all your life.

For me, at first, I couldn't tell when I was female unless someone else told me... then one day I started to sense it on my own.  It was a little like being drunk, like inhibitions were removed; likely a sensation of greater space and ability to support others.  I've understood the Light path to be one of primary and secondary energy sides to be ideally brought to less of a gap and more co-equal levels but it seems to me, for at least men, the female side should ultimately become the dominant energy 'gender'.    I see this some of the guys here.

I enjoy working with female deities and purposely do so, for a time was doing it quite often, even with like Cheya.    That coupled with a kind of electrocution one night that Jeff thought was related to my female side, I was doing well with it... but I think because I have not been doing the visiting for quite some time or practices (like dives), likely I run lower again when I go female.   But last time Vlad 'looked' at me, he got a female image...   :)

Glad to have this topic brought up, Trish. I feel personally like I’ve been ping ponging back and forth between male and female the last few months, whereas I felt pretty consistently male previously. With the male side, had been feeling (mostly) serene detachment. Now more and more female, though I wouldn’t associate as bad or negative, I definitely have been feeling more confused and consumed with the the former. Though not easy feelings to associate with, I also feel more compassionate and related to everything. Certainly is heavier though, in my experience. But like birth and the newborn, tough stuff, though again in my experience, some of the best. It’s awesome to feel male and expanded and powerful but it’s the not whole experience. 

On 7/27/2018 at 10:57 PM, FaXin said:

The closest thing to experiencing an expansion I've felt would be what I describe as a "release".  It's a bit like you have a pressurized tank which has reached critical levels, and you hit a "release" valve.  I can describe it as an inner tension releasing.  Like an energetic "Ahhh". I'm not sure if it's a temporary release, or an expansion like we're talking about.  But it's a very palpable release, either way.

In regards to working with others... one thing I've noticed has been I am more sensitive to the other person when I'm female.  I can feel their energy more clearly.  When I'm male side of things, I just kind of blast and feel more of my own energy than theirs.  (Guys can be selfish... :))

That's super cool about the pressure release, have never felt anything like that (that I noticed anyway). And same for me when working with others - on the female side it's more 'oh hey, let's hang out...' and on the male side like 'get over here for the biggest bear hug you've ever had!' The different perspectives can be very entertaining.

15 hours ago, david said:

For me, at first, I couldn't tell when I was female unless someone else told me... then one day I started to sense it on my own.  It was a little like being drunk, like inhibitions were removed; likely a sensation of greater space and ability to support others.

Hi David - glad to hear some of your experiences! That's really interesting about feeling drunk - I remember feeling that a couple of times, but don't recall if I was male or female. How does that translate into the ability to support others for you? When I have felt that, I didn't feel of much use to anyone... :)

9 hours ago, Tanya said:

Glad to have this topic brought up, Trish. I feel personally like I’ve been ping ponging back and forth between male and female the last few months, whereas I felt pretty consistently male previously. With the male side, had been feeling (mostly) serene detachment. Now more and more female, though I wouldn’t associate as bad or negative, I definitely have been feeling more confused and consumed with the the former. Though not easy feelings to associate with, I also feel more compassionate and related to everything. Certainly is heavier though, in my experience. But like birth and the newborn, tough stuff, though again in my experience, some of the best. It’s awesome to feel male and expanded and powerful but it’s the not whole experience. 

Thanks Tanya! That is really interesting that on the female side you feel consumed more with the male side - can you say more about that? At times when on the female side I've definitely felt jealousy and possessiveness, like some sort of creepy stalker. Sometimes some righteous anger, as well. Is that what you mean? Agreed, that's no fun.

I really appreciate everyone contributing.  I have really gotten a lot out of reading the content on the board, and it seems like it would be helpful for people yet to arrive to have other peoples' experience to reference as they embark on their journey. Also, I find it really helpful to hear what's happening for everyone and how it's being navigated and it seems to be more efficient to do that in a thread than to try to meet up for tea... :)

5 hours ago, Trish said:

Hi David - glad to hear some of your experiences! That's really interesting about feeling drunk - I remember feeling that a couple of times, but don't recall if I was male or female. How does that translate into the ability to support others for you? When I have felt that, I didn't feel of much use to anyone... :)

Another way I might put it, I get like a 'gay' feeling... like something emotionally dormant or withheld emerges forward with inhibition.  So my guess is that when I feel that, I feel like I'm opening up and touching 'parts' I was not before which is then supporting a band of energy I was not aware of doing before. 

I've never been clear on whether I'm on male or female side, usually feel like I'm female and surprised when Jeff tells me I'm male...But the other day I think I got some clarity. I've been going on what I'm feeling, and when I am noticing that, I'm usually in some heart-full sort of space and figure that's female.  Then if I feel clear, silent, and expanded, figured that was more male...  But if I use the terms receptive vs transmitting, and just focus on what I'm doing... it is suddenly obvious. Am I sending or receiving? Doesn't matter what I am transmitting... transmitting is male.  The surprise was, if I am transmitting the heart feeling, that would actually be more male, when I have been assuming that is more female...

Female, then, would mean I am on intake, receptive to incoming energies.. Not sure I actually do that very often! Which explains why Jeff has told me I'm usually transmitting... and maybe why dives can seem like such a relief...  I get to go female for awhile... :)

Very interesting discussion.  Thanks to everyone for sharing their experiences.  I was not logging into or checking the LU  forums when this topic was created.

I find the polarity itself fascinating.   The One appears from Dao.  If the One has to become many, what are the choices?  The one can clone itself into 10,000 without polarity.  But, then where is the fun.  Not just the fun, the universe cannot function without the polarity.  There will be no attachment or desire if there is no polarity, and therefore no samsara.  So, the creation or seperation of the polarity is the brilliant master stroke of the genius One.  Thus the maya becomes functional and resulting in a Universe of beings.

Each one of the 10,000 seems to have both polarities to certain extent.  I think in going light, we open up and start to see the other polarity or the side of us.  To me, more than the light level, the level 10 seems to be the place where the clarity about these things become more apparent.  It can be different in other's experiences.  I would also like to hear from others, how their perspective or feel on polarity changed as they progressed through the levels.

For me, at the earlier stages the clearings in the female side felt harder at times.  Switching to the male side has even felt like a relief few times.  But, I think the real knowing of a certain level comes only when the other polarity (with respect to our external polarity male/female) reaches that level.  It might be interesting to hear other opinions on this also.

I generally feel stronger energetic flows in the male side.  The female side is more calmer, expansive with an accommodating feel for me.  There is also the strong tendency to reach out and help, to be the 'part of' happenings.  The male can be more self absorbed than the female :lol: -- both externally and also with the inner polarity.

With some recent changes, my feel of the female polarity has changed entirely.  I felt mostly at peace and blissful at times during the recent expansion in the female side which still seems to be continuing in the past 2 weeks.  The balance or the level of clarity I feel now is unlike anything I have felt previously either on female or male side.  Something has moved and the world has become more playful in general and I am (the local me) is grateful for that, and the larger me (universal me) is just becoming apparent with the self apprehension and finding its nature as pure bliss untouched by the external experiences.

Thanks for joining the conversation, S1va - sounds like you're having some potent experiences!

7 hours ago, S1va said:

I would also like to hear from others, how their perspective or feel on polarity changed as they progressed through the levels.

The whole level thing is still a mystery to me, both determining others' and my own. I can't really comment on that other than to say that there have been times when the female side has seemed like a 'blank' place. I wouldn't really see/feel/get anything. There were also times when I became Xena warrior woman, fiercely protective of whomever I was working with. Now, my experience is similar to yours - peaceful, very expansive, and usually with a warm glow.

On the male side, it's really fun to feel super powerful. A lot of the time though I feel a bit like a bull in a china shop, or a giant dumb jock. :)  Safe to say there's lots of blackboard left to clear there.

Your insights have brought a lot to the conversation, S1va. Thanks for bringing them to the table.

On 8/11/2018 at 5:00 PM, Cheya said:

Female, then, would mean I am on intake, receptive to incoming energies.. Not sure I actually do that very often! Which explains why Jeff has told me I'm usually transmitting... and maybe why dives can seem like such a relief...  I get to go female for awhile... :)

I love that - very cool realization!   <3