Sign in to follow this  
Jeff

My view on levels/layers and stuff...

Jeff   

This post/thread is based upon a request at another forum. All of the described information is based upon my own direct experience.  While I can provide mappings to other traditions/frameworks for those who have questions, the descriptions are an attempt to be traditionless.  Additionally, for any of those that have the capacity/interest, all such layers have the potential to be demonstrated. For those who think of it in mind terms, it is easiest to think of as local mind is a subset of universal/shared mind. They are also not necessarily linear in level.

level zero - this is not really a level. It could also be called the primordial. Outside or beyond universal mind.

level 1 - base manifest existence.  All physical stuff.

level 2 - base emotions. Things like anger and fear are the driving nature of this level of local mind.

level 3 - Individual sense of self.  Think of it as the level of most egotistical people. 90% of humans.

level 4 - Opening of heart. This is a huge step and what many consider awakening. It is the fundamental shift of moving from being focused on your individual needs to truly caring about others. A good example is a truly loving parent. 

level 5 - Subconscious connection to others and your local surroundings. It this level one tends to feel and sense energy of beyond their local body. But the conscious mind does not yet know how to distinguish between what is outside, and what is energy spilling over and creating images or emotions that are experienced in the (local) mind.

level 6 - Huge step as one begins to actually see and consciously notice what you could call universal mind/universe. Some call this open 3rd eye stuff. Beginning of true Astral level activity. But it is still based in the local mind view of sense of self.

level 7 - Classically called the open crown, this is when you start to get cracks in the local mind version of sense of self. One starts to notice/touch the divine/light.  Anyone who reaches this stage will often experience a divine being (or guru) to help them cross over into the light/divine. No fear of death at this stage.

level 8 - Light/Divine with out differentiation.  Rather than a linear level, it is much more like a quantum leap. The local bubble of mind/sense of self has been cracked. Direct access to universal layer, but no ability to differentiate.  You feel you are one with everyone, but can't really access or help on individual basis. It is like "being" rather than "seeing". This is also called the "soul" level by many, and the person "radiates" light.

level 9 - Light with beginning differentiation.  You are one with all humans and begin to integrate with plants and animals. Still mostly local. 

level 10 - Expansion has continued to more planetary and includes inanimate objects. Can directly access all beings within your sphere of being to various degrees of refinement.

level 11 - Beingness has expanded across what people call different dimensions. Possible to create and play with pocket universes and have astral level people visit them.

level 12 - boundary of what people call time and space. At this level, you can perceive forwards or backwards in time. Also, the historical limit of physical form/manifestation for maintaining human form.

level 13 - at this level there is no longer and sense of male and female at a human level. Beginning of what some traditions call the "god realms".

level 14-16 - Higher form realms, nothing really easy to describe. Many divine beings or gods reside there.

level 17 and above - formless realms of potential. Can find some higher immortals and divine beings residing there.

Real questions are welcome. :)

wstein   

This would seem to only apply to humans??

These divisions seem arbitrary. I am guessing they are functional thresholds??

Jeff   
2 hours ago, wstein said:

This would seem to only apply to humans??

These divisions seem arbitrary. I am guessing they are functional thresholds??

What do you mean by functional thresholds? No, it was not meant to just apply to humans.

riju   

My comments and your reaction awaited.....

Level ...

0......agreed

1......agreed

2......agreed

3......agreed

4.....broadly agreed (do religious devotees like christians, hindus, muslims come in this category)

5.....agreed

6.....agreed

7.....agreed

8.....agreed

9.....agreed

10... Does the self remain? Is the situation local still? :Here my path deviates and takes a different direction. I feel that the path that you have experienced will/may take you to levels that I will never experience due to different path of mine.

I cannot proceed further till the answer comes from you on 10th level

Edited by riju

Jeff   
9 hours ago, riju said:

My comments and your reaction awaited.....

Level ...

0......agreed

1......agreed

2......agreed

3......agreed

4.....broadly agreed (do religious devotees like christians, hindus, muslims come in this category)

Yes, religious devotees would fit. But depending on the level of clarity and view, religious devotees could be anywhere from 3 up. But level 4 would be where one would begin to trust in God. 

9 hours ago, riju said:

5.....agreed

6.....agreed

7.....agreed

8.....agreed

9.....agreed

10... Does the self remain? Is the situation local still? :Here my path deviates and takes a different direction. I feel that the path that you have experienced will/may take you to levels that I will never experience due to different path of mine.

I cannot proceed further till the answer comes from you on 10th level

At level 10, one is beyond simply local mind and is no longer local in the effect on others. Regarding distance, it would be more like the Buddhist bhumi of “travel afar” and one can be with people anywhere on the planet.

riju   
Just now, Jeff said:

At level 10, one is beyond simply local mind and is no longer local in the effect on others. Regarding distance, it would be more like the Buddhist bhumi of “travel afar” and one can be with people anywhere on the planet.

This path that you have gone through has its own merits. I am also sure that I am not meant for this path. So please take my further comments with a pinch of salt'

10 and 11....One moves up from plane 26,25,24.......etc.

12..Not possible at such an early stage, but temporary effects can be created . (not sure).

13. Here one crosses  plane 20

14.16....Here one crosses 16 and goes above upto plane 6.

17. This is ;beyond and I do not know.

wstein   
On 9/29/2017 at 8:00 PM, Jeff said:

What do you mean by functional thresholds?

Functional levels are divisions based on functional differences not inherent division. For instance ages for driving, drinking, and smoking are functional thresholds. The isn't any inherent thing that happens when one turns a certain age.

No, it was not meant to just apply to humans.

In order to make it apply to more than just humans, you need to remove references to things relevant to humans have but not to all beings.

This would include: emotions, anger, egotistical, heart/heart chakra, parent, subconscious, feeling energy, 3rd eye, plants, animals, planetary, space, time, physical form, male, female,

Jeff   
6 hours ago, wstein said:

Functional levels are divisions based on functional differences not inherent division. For instance ages for driving, drinking, and smoking are functional thresholds. The isn't any inherent thing that happens when one turns a certain age.

In order to make it apply to more than just humans, you need to remove references to things relevant to humans have but not to all beings.

This would include: emotions, anger, egotistical, heart/heart chakra, parent, subconscious, feeling energy, 3rd eye, plants, animals, planetary, space, time, physical form, male, female,

Ok, yes then I guess you could say they are functional. But the concept of levels does not change, and the descriptions were examples for humans to read and help them understand. 

But, again, the levels are simply my view on it all. :)