Vadim

New Testament - Discussion

Vadim   

yes, thanks for posting it. This is the verse I was looking for, but now after reading it I don't see how it would fit together with John 1:12-13, Luke 17: 20-21

This is another interesting one: Matthew 16

24 Then Jesus said to His disciples, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me.

"the deny himself" is about being at one, "and follow Me" is also kind of clear, but why "take up his cross" ?

Jeff   

This verse may help putting it all in context...

Romans 8:6-17

6For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 7Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. 8So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. 9But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. 10And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. 11But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you. 12Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh. 13For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live. 14For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. 15For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. 16The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:17And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

Vadim   
47 minutes ago, Jeff said:

17And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

as far as I understand "take up his cross" and "if so be that we suffer with him" is the same thing. so... what does it mean that we have to suffer with him then ?

running   
On 4/14/2017 at 8:27 AM, Jeff said:

quoted the wrong thing. im reaponding to the last post.

i dont know?

i can say for me i had an intuitive experience like this. in the middle of an intuitive and channeling experience i stopped for a moment. thought of something that mattered a lot to me. spoke freely about what i wished for. put up like a cross. my hand motion was like sticking a stake in the ground. then i threw something out of my hand. then read/ channeled/ whatever it is i was doing that was to happen.

at the end of that i realised it may become. cause the top of my head is info about related things to come with it. at that point i shut it all down cause i havent a clue if some how im doing something to make it happen. today i think it's just a script. as it did happen.

there is something to be said about standing in the fire for something. and that fire can be like an obstruction dissolver. cause it forces one heck of a surrender.

again this was a  in showing a psychic what i experience. trying to figure out my awakening experiences. 

believe it or not. almost everybody doesnt know what bliss is. nor anything about how that is related with the nervous system.

i suspect i had to rattle the cage with intuition to come across that i was serious about what i was talking about. since most just dont know about bliss. i dont know? all i know is to this day im still contemplating those experiences. cause they shook my cage  in a surprise of the possibilities of intuition.

Edited by running

Jeff   
4 hours ago, Vadim said:

as far as I understand "take up his cross" and "if so be that we suffer with him" is the same thing. so... what does it mean that we have to suffer with him then ?

See if you can figure it out with this clue...

“And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation; To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation. Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God. For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.”
‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭5:18-21‬ ‭KJV‬‬

What do you think that job could be...?

Vadim   
3 hours ago, Jeff said:

What do you think that job could be...?

The only thing that come to mind are:
- You shall love the 
Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.
- Prepare the way of the Lord; Make His paths straight.

but I'm not sure I got it right, so.. does:
- "take up his cross and follow me"
- "suffer with jesus"
- "being ambassadors for christ"
all mean the same thing ?

3 hours ago, Jeff said:

“And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation; To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation. Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God. For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.”
‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭5:18-21‬ ‭KJV‬‬

I'm just marking here a part that caught my attention, I'd like to return to it after we finish the previous thread.

running   

im going to speak from my experience again about the cross.  to find the god in you. 

Edited by running

running   

we can also contemplate our own experience about putting up a cross. in addition to what jesus may have thought. on this thread. or anywhere.

i feel we can all help create a much healthier world by not only considering what jesus and others may think. but more importantly reflecting ones own experience. once we have done that much if not most all  problems due to religious discrimination will begin to end.  and just as important the confidence will come back in each person making finding the god within a piece of cake.

99% in everything is confidence. if we put anything beyond ourselves it becomes a barrier to cross.

for me i had to become extremely rebellious to get through all the gossip standing in my way. its in all that gossip that holds people back.

so again from what i have seen. its a good idea to do ones own thinking from ones own experience. 

so i ask. what has it meant for you to put up your cross? this question is for anybody willing to contemplate ones own experience.

Edited by running

Jeff   

I think you both raise some good points. :)

For me, with the quotes about "suffering with" or "picking up the cross" we are talking about later stages in the process. Where one is moving beyond there own individual ego stuff. It should be remembered that...

For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office: So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another. (Romans 12:4-5 KJV)

That we are all "connected". One who picks up the cross (connections), is one who helps to clear issues and fears (sins) of others. They give "communion" with the oneness in Christ. In helping to clear the issues, they "suffer" with those people.

And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full. This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. (1 John 1:4-7 KJV)

That "light based fellowship" (connection) is what helps to clear people's  crap (cleanseth us from all sin).

running   
3 hours ago, Jeff said:

For me, with the quotes about "suffering with" or "picking up the cross" we are talking about later stages in the process. Where one is moving beyond there own individual ego stuff. It should be remembered that...

For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office: So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another. (Romans 12:4-5 KJV)

That we are all "connected". One who picks up the cross (connections), is one who helps to clear issues and fears (sins) of others. They give "communion" with the oneness in Christ. In helping to clear the issues, they "suffer" with those people.

And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full. This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. (1 John 1:4-7 KJV)

That "light based fellowship" (connection) is what helps to clear people's  crap (cleanseth us from all sin).

based on my experience there is a oneness element that is relative to what he is saying. in opening up to the shakti it puts one in the position of facing stuff that needs clearing. my intuition called that ones own fears being used against me. it knows ones fears. so it knows ones weakness. but its in that that a letting go happens.

my intuition if i remember it right called it an interrogation. they are going to hit you until you give up. and it will happen cause there is no end to it tell you have given up. now that could just be a reliving of some past life experience. in any case for me it became a tool for growth. that being in the opening up to joy and silence.

another message may bring some clarity here. except i just forgot it. dang i lost it.

oh got it. that should make it stick. now im just speaking from my experience. but the emotions experienced from the interrogation are extreme enough that you get stuck into the bliss. like a wave engulfing oneself.

its all really weird cause there is a perspective that it is you doing it all to yourself. which explains the messages how it is me seeing what im doing to myself.

Edited by running

running   

you cant deny that it is fascinating that many things said can at least be in part parallel to most experiences of an awakening to joy and silence. 

Vadim   
23 hours ago, running said:

99% in everything is confidence. if we put anything beyond ourselves it becomes a barrier to cross.

maybe even more then 99%

Matthew 21:20-2220 And when the disciples saw it, they marveled, saying, “How did the fig tree wither away so soon?”

21 So Jesus answered and said to them, “Assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but also if you say to this mountain, ‘Be removed and be cast into the sea,’ it will be done.22 And whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.”

23 hours ago, running said:

so i ask. what has it meant for you to put up your cross? this question is for anybody willing to contemplate ones own experience.

very interesting question, I don't think I'm able to answer it now, but I like the idea behind it.

21 hours ago, Jeff said:

thanks, I guess it's a little more clear now what is what, and the verses of 1 John 1:4-7 cleared my earlier confusion about "sin"

Edited by Vadim

Vadim   

Matthew 18: 12 “What do you think? If a man has a hundred sheep, and one of them goes astray, does he not leave the ninety-nine and go to the mountains to seek the one that is straying? 13 And if he should find it, assuredly, I say to you, he rejoices more over that sheep than over the ninety-nine that did not go astray. 14 Even so it is not the will of your Father who is in heaven that one of these little ones should perish.

I think this one says that everyone has a chance to be "saved", what do you guys think about it ?
and why is the "one" sheep more important than the rest ?

Jeff   

Maybe not quite saved, but everyone can return or get some help finding home...

it is the most important because it is the one that you are focused on (at that moment). :) 

Vadim   

what about this bit here, Matthew 24
29 “Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 30 Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

what's going on here ?

Jeff   

Talking about the end of days.  Or the big shift with the rising into the "new world".  May want to read the book of Revelations more if interested in it.

Vadim   

thanks, Jeff, I followed your suggestion and started reading the Revelation. 

as far as I understand from the first 6 chapters, John had a vision of how things are going to unfold util the "new Jerusalem" comes.
Jesus has redeemed the world from sin and after his rebirth, he has started "the process"

and the other thing is the seals from Revelation 6, each seal is a new "event" or period of time and it looks like we're at the 5'th seal right now

did I get at least anything right?