Jump to content
sifu

Daoist Magic

Recommended Posts

sifu   

Many people have heard of Daoist Magic, but is it rarely understood and so what does it comprise of and how does it work?.

Please use this thread to ask questions about Daoist Magic and I will try my best to answer those questions

Edited by sifu
spelling mistake

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jeff   

Thank you for starting this thread. If you don't mind, could you give a brief overview as to what you see doaist magic being? Maybe with some examples?

Thanks, Jeff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wstein   

Is the result of Daoist Magic from doing something or not-doing something? I.E is it more like Western Magic where you summon a force to do your bidding or is it more like asking the universe and then getting out of the way and allowing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sifu   

The basis of Daoist magic is natural forces; how they can be controlled or summoned or manipulated. The basis of all magic is the 'fu'. This can take many forms and is manifested in different ways according to the particular sect. In the Daoist cannon one can find all sorts of 'fu' which many people copy and one can see Daoist priests use these copied images and symbols to try and manipulate nature. Now there is a problem with this in respect that the 'fu' require power and it is the power that makes the 'fu' work!

If you go to youtube and look under Shaman Flowing Hands you can see one way of drawing a 'Fu'. The 'Fu' is drawn in the instance by the Immortal spirit Master who enters my body and controls my arms to draw the 'Fu'. This is just one way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jeff   

Thank you for the description and the YouTube video. So then, you see it more like one kind of channels the power of an immortal? Rather than everyone having their own innate capability that they can leverage?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sifu   
On ‎28‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 4:00 PM, Jeff said:

Thank you for the description and the YouTube video. So then, you see it more like one kind of channels the power of an immortal? Rather than everyone having their own innate capability that they can leverage?

We all have an innate ability, but gaining the power is the difficult bit. Power can only be gained by a teaching from someone who has already been through that process and has gained power. Real power and access to it is never given or gained easily. One must remember this.

If one looks at the Daoist Master Chuang, he has cultivated his power and then uses it in rituals to manipulate natural forces or spirits. Some Daoist sects pass on their power through initiation. this power has come through human cultivation. The power that I use has come through an Immortal. The basis of magic is power and its manipulation. Power can come from various sources.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
running   
On 8/29/2016 at 1:07 PM, sifu said:

We all have an innate ability, but gaining the power is the difficult bit. Power can only be gained by a teaching from someone who has already been through that process and has gained power. Real power and access to it is never given or gained easily. One must remember this.

If one looks at the Daoist Master Chuang, he has cultivated his power and then uses it in rituals to manipulate natural forces or spirits. Some Daoist sects pass on their power through initiation. this power has come through human cultivation. The power that I use has come through an Immortal. The basis of magic is power and its manipulation. Power can come from various sources.

Have you ever tried seeing if it was just that one being. Maybe it's countless beings. The few experiences i have had with something like the connection your talking about was more like a melting pot it seemed. Like it can switch around or you sift from one to another. I speculate its just how oneness works. I dont know? Especially since i dont have a lot of experience. I do know you can merge with whatever for power. But that's all in feeling. That one is easier for me to tap into.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
david   

SFH:   Do you feel that folks should create an energy shield around themselves for protection or it is better to interact freely with the energy and deal with what you encounter?  I am sure you'll say, "it depends on the circumstances" so maybe you can offer when it is needed and when it is not.  Thanks in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/14/2016 at 2:06 PM, david said:

SFH:   Do you feel that folks should create an energy shield around themselves for protection or it is better to interact freely with the energy and deal with what you encounter?  I am sure you'll say, "it depends on the circumstances" so maybe you can offer when it is needed and when it is not.  Thanks in advance.

In all circumstances involving normal business dealings, I use a three circle system both for protection (clarification of protection, being able to view a spirits true form can identify a threat from a friend) and convenience.  For protection because I chose to have had the experience of being a sock puppet once, and watched through my energy body while I allowed a friendly relative to take physical me for a walk, it for a good cause, hated it. Convenience because my three circle system allows me to more easily view the weaker spirits that I sometimes give aid to, and a business like arrangement brings respect from the more powerful entities.

Edited by mrpasserby
increase content, clarification of protection

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
david   
On 9/17/2017 at 7:32 PM, mrpasserby said:

In all circumstances involving normal business dealings, I use a three circle system both for protection (clarification of protection, being able to view a spirits true form can identify a threat from a friend) and convenience.  For protection because I chose to have had the experience of being a sock puppet once, and watched through my energy body while I allowed a friendly relative to take physical me for a walk, it for a good cause, hated it. Convenience because my three circle system allows me to more easily view the weaker spirits that I sometimes give aid to, and a business like arrangement brings respect from the more powerful entities.

Now a year later, I have very different feelings.  In short, no need for protection at Light Level.

It is kind of hard to explain as Light has to be experienced and words can fail.  But in Medical Qigong, we did all sorts of 'protection' stuff... and I was attacked once by energy when I forgot to do one step.

Now, it is never needed cuz the Qigong level of energy is sticky like but light level is closer to water off a ducks back... The issues seems to boil down to when energy hits you (from a person or deity), it may kind of stick if you resonant with that issue or problem.  By residing more and letting it pass, it helps to clear that issue.

My experience so far :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×