Sign in to follow this  
running

Intuitive eating

running   

Got some avacados for cheap before i left. Great trucking food! Tons of calories in a small package. Lol. Ahhh and my body loves running on the fat..

20160124_140519.jpg

Avo's Best fruit ever ,lived on a farm and picked and packed and ate them 20yrs ago,some people don't like them ,but I think they are lovely ,don't know my chance of eating one again ,but you never know , since changing my rice bran oil to canola ,I think its helped my brain ,less omega 6 more 3 ,belie you me id be having better oils than that if i could , its meant to be the best diet ,the fat one ,for the brain etc , I eat a fair bit of sugar but gotta keep going ,brain also like sugar lol

running   

Shark soup!!

First thing i do when i get off the road is go to the grocery store. Fish head soup is getting old.

So im staring at the fish. And the butcher pokes his head out. Says, "we just got some shark, want some?" heck yeah, I'll try that.

So this is what i came up with. And it was so good and nutritious. Feel like i should brag about it endlessly. Except i have bored my girlfriend to death with all my bragging. So im gonna brag here. Lol

Garlic, elephant garlic, fresh ginger root, brown onion, leeks, celery, potatoes, can of coconut milk, half pound of shark, half pound of maia maia, curry, cayenne, and salt.

BuBummerBuBummer its all gone. But man was it good!!

Karen   

Hahahaha!

When I read shark soup, my first thought was a big shark head floating around in a pot. :D 

I am going to try your recipe, because it sounds pretty good, but I will use chicken and shrimp.  I am on the fence about the shrimp.

Happy you made it home safe!

running   
On 3/23/2016 at 8:59 PM, Karen said:

Hahahaha!

When I read shark soup, my first thought was a big shark head floating around in a pot. :D 

I am going to try your recipe, because it sounds pretty good, but I will use chicken and shrimp.  I am on the fence about the shrimp.

Happy you made it home safe!

Lol. No shark head. When i first ate the shak my first thought was, wow this tastes like chicken. Lol. The soup had a fish taste but the meat was like chicken. Lol. Im sure it will be good with chicken!

Thanks about making it home. And it was great meeting you and Tom! 

running   
21 hours ago, earthlove said:

I gave up lettuce and my depression has completely stopped ,Hallilejah :D

Im glad to hear your figuring out what your body doesnt like! Thanks for sharing earthlove!

I missed out on maybe a great teacher before i got into meditating. She was a Hoalistic doctor i think. One that teaches how to heal by food. She was also a shaman from south america i believe and a professor at ucsb.

I had first started my dream of starting a business. I was sick from my food allergy. She ran a whole bunch of tests on me what she called voodoo medicine. Lol. I would hold my arm out and she used something that i cant remember anymore. It was like lining myself up with certain things. If my arm got weak i was deficient in the minerals. Then she took a urine sample to see how my liver was doing. I failed miserably. Lol. 

But she showed me a macrobiotic diet. I followed it like she said. I began to feel better and better. The idea behind it was to slowly reintroduce foods back into my diet to identify what was making me sick. That was thr part i messed up in a big way. I got to feeling healthy and then ate how i used to. Without ever identifying what was the problem. Lol. Great teacher bad student. Lol

I did it all in a trade out. She was very serious about staying away from soy. I had some soy protein poweder i showed her. The next day she had ahout 50 pages of information telling me why to stay away from it. Mainly due to bacteria growth in it.

She also did a ph test on me which i was off the chart on the acidic side. So much of my diet was alkaline based which brought me back to balance.

She was the greatest person i met or lucky to meet i think.

She thought i knew about chakras and began teaching me. I felt like i wanted nothing to do with anything except the physical healing. So i told her i wasnt interested. I was following my dream of having a business and didnt want to be distracted. So thats where i made a big mistake. But you live and learn. Lol

I had a vision after i met her and began the alkalizing diet. As i was driving to a job i met the peoples that i experienced in life. Thry seem to be coming to me one by one with a healing power behind them. I sensed they were happy to meet me in life and were expressing that.

It was a very lucky experience to meet her. But like i said i messed up on figuring out what was making me sick. I learned a lot though which is good.

running   

Freight is slow so i got to make some more. Lol. This time with just mauia mauia cause it was cheaper.

Every bowl is like a life current. An energetic high. So i just ate a bunch and gonna meditate right away for some extra energy boost. Lol

20160324_200825.jpg

running   

Got lucky today and the truck stop is warming up some menudo. Menodo was my savior food when my digestive system was a total wreck due to my gluten allergy. The concept of eat whats broken. If the guts is bad. Eat guts. Lol

running   

Another thing i think i havent mentioned that seems to work for me. Lemon peel. Whev ever i order out on the road i ask for water with lemon. I eat the peel and i swear i can feel it. I have read some where there is lots of nutrients in lemon peel. I could be wrong it was some time ago i think i read that. But who cares. I can feel it. Enough for me.

running   

Last week i ate an omelot at a truck stop. It was again a reminder of how i need to stay away from vegetable oils. My bladder, kidneys, and second chakra were a wreck for two days. No more. My last test. If every time is an ill effect i am pretty sure its not a good thing for me.

Interestingly i happend to talk to a friend of mine as the pains were going on. He told me that he found out why he became sick and a diabetic. The doctors tested his pancreas and found no problems. The problem they found was his estrogen levels were through the roof. 400 and something which apparantly is no good. The doctor told him to absolutely avoid soy. Soy was causing his estrogen problem and was the factor that put him into the hospital. 

So since the findings he has been on a meat and veggy diet. No longer has to take any medications for anything and including diabetes. He has always been a health nut. Eating absolutely as healthy as he can. I know this for a fact cause i have stayed with him for periods of time helping him with his business. The problem is i think, our grandparents knew how to eat. Today people dont. And some people are sensitive enough that our ignorance can kill us. I have heard before about soy. So i stay away. Now i wouldnt even consider it. Many people will never probably have a problem with it. But some of us its like a death sentence.

I remember when it seemed everybody was much healthier and thin to. Then the war on fat began. And it looks like that war has made people both unhealthy and oddly fat to. Again some people probably do fine on the low fat deal. But many dont it appears to me. I know for me through testing, its bad news.

running   

Oh yeah. Since his meat and veggy diet he has lost 50lbs without even trying. He had no intention of trying to lose weight. It just happend.

running   

You just cant beat soup and fresh juice.

Garlic, onions, potatoes, celery, carrots, leeks, cabbage, bell pepper, soup bones, and tri tip(beef)

Juice. Watermelon peel, lemon, apples, carrots, celery, and parsley.

Its like life force for the body after living off dry roasted peanuts, dark chocolate, beef jerky, and steaks and or ribs at the truck stops. All good but nothing beats home made soup and fresh juice imo.

20161003_180153.jpg

running   

I got a new gig going from california to texas and louisiana and back. So every week i can cook and bring some grub with me. Also bringing my own butter since you cant find anything but margarine at most truck stops. And i brought my own salad dressing.

The salad dressings i been stuck with at the truck stops i can feel arent in my best interest. Just tryed out mine at a truck stop and feel better about it. Maybe its just me but i at least think i can feel how the foods i eat effect me. 

Put some real butter on my potatoes and rice. What a difference. Before i went without with the rice and sour cream with baked potatoes.

But the biggest plus i feel is bringing my home made soup. My soup is like pure building blocks for the body. And i have dreamed about being able to have it more often. It feels like my body's smooth sailing between that and my juice. Still not bringing my juice i make cause i feel its to much to have daily. A day or two a week is plenty i feel. Plus my body seems to like to take in sugar sparingly. And juice made with fruits has a lot. So out on the road i go with my green powders from various vegetables and so on. And my brown powder from various herbs and roots.

Probably the most important way to intuitively feel in life is through what i eat imo. But i had a hard lesson from a food allergy otherwise i wouldnt probably give it much thought perhaps.

Karen   

Congrats on the new gig!

I can totally tell the difference in the way I feel when I have been eating a lot of crap.  Lately it is been more than I care to admit, but man, I really love a good cheese burger!

Happy eating :)

running   
42 minutes ago, Karen said:

Congrats on the new gig!

I can totally tell the difference in the way I feel when I have been eating a lot of crap.  Lately it is been more than I care to admit, but man, I really love a good cheese burger!

Happy eating :)

I would eat cheeseburgers every day except for the food allergy i have with gluten.

For me i work well off protein and fat. You cant beat ground beef and cheese for that imo. But some people do better off carbs i hear. I think whats important is finding what works for the individual.

I do get to eat cheeseburgers from in and out and carls jr/hardys cause they can lettuce wrap them.