click tracking
Jeff

Gospel Of Thomas... Discussion?

Very good stuff,

84. Jesus said, "When you see your likeness, you are happy. But when you see your images that came into being before you and that neither die nor become visible, how much you will have to bear!"

Very good stuff,

84. Jesus said, "When you see your likeness, you are happy. But when you see your images that came into being before you and that neither die nor become visible, how much you will have to bear!"

This is a fun one... Anybody have any thoughts?

Seems to be talking about opening the 3rd eye and opening ones eyes to the spiritual world.

Not always an easy burden.

Seems to be talking about opening the 3rd eye and opening ones eyes to the spiritual world.

Not always an easy burden.

would that be your image that came into being before you?

Very good stuff,

thats not much different than what i was sharing. We have perhaps done it all. And in the heart or perhaps third eye is all the memories. Plus as i was getting at it can expand from thr crown and you could experience whatever.

But i think the bottom line is becoming better at flowing through it without it rattling the mind. When it no longer rattles it has no power over you.

Plus catch ing up with the crown by becoming powerful from the root normalizes it all. So then its all gravy. From what i have seen

Very good stuff,

Seems like seeing and processing impressions/karma from past lives.

Very good stuff,

My feeling on it is a little different than everyone else. If you think about seeing your likeness, to me it means being with others who are like you. People who share the same views and opinions. When we are with such people, we often feel good and comfortable (our ego is happy). But, the image that came before you that does not die or become visible is your "soul". In touching your soul, all such "likes" are stripped away, and losing the comfort of that (ego) protection can be hard to bear.

I missed that last part.

I was thinking of an experience of oneness or of past lives.

I was thinking we are comfortable seeing our likeness.. This form. When one is introduced to that which was before, void/emptiness/ etc.. Is not always easy to accept for many.

I like your explanation Jeff :D

Moving on,

An easy one I think... :huh:

85. Jesus said, "Adam came from great power and great wealth, but he was not worthy of you. For had he been worthy, [he would] not [have tasted] death."

Edited by Tom

I missed that last part.

I was thinking we are comfortable seeing our likeness.. This form. When one is introduced to that which was before, void/emptiness/ etc.. Is not always easy to accept for many.

Moving on,

85. Jesus said, "Adam came from great power and great wealth, but he was not worthy of you. For had he been worthy, [he would] not [have tasted] death."

energetic development being worthy. Material wealth isnt really revelant to spiritual progress. If thats what he is referring to by wealth and power.

Very good stuff,

my guidance mentioned it just all your our own fears. Not sure if its relevant to this. But when i had to go through my stuff thats the message i got.

I missed that last part.

Moving on,

energetic development being worthy. Material wealth isnt really revelant to spiritual progress. If thats what he is referring to by wealth and power.

story of adam and eve. Okay. Everybody comes from great power qnd wealth. Cause we are all that. But when its remembered and accepted and becomes the experience. That doesnt die. And its that that can help others remember we are that great power and wealth. Power and wealth being the eternal joy of bliss and ectsasy.

I would say something similar to running. Adam, like all of us, was a child of God. And as such, he has unlimited potential (came from great power and wealth), but he remained confused and focused on his body in the world (hence not worthy). If one truly realizes that they are a "son of God", they move beyond the body and the concept of physical death. Some words from the bible on the topic...

1 Corinthians 15:42-49
42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. The body is sown in corruption, it is raised in incorruption. 43 It is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory. It is sown in weakness, it is raised in power. 44 It is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body. 45 And so it is written, “The first man Adam became a living being.” The last Adam became a life-giving spirit. 46 However, the spiritual is not first, but the natural, and afterward the spiritual. 47 The first man was of the earth, made of dust; the second Man is the Lord from heaven. 48 As was the man of dust, so also are those who are made of dust; and as is the heavenly Man, so also are those who are heavenly. 49 And as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly Man.

The first part "Adam came from great power and great wealth, but he was not worthy of you" means  he had everything that one could want. Money, power, fame you name it, he had it but he was not worthy. What comes from samsara will return to samsara.

"If he had been worthy he would not have tasted death." If he would have been worthy of the spirit, a son of god, enlightened he would not have tasted death.. beyond samsara..

This is just like the John the Baptist line.

Edited by Tom

Moving on,

86. Jesus said, "[Foxes have] their dens and birds have their nests, but human beings have no place to lay down and rest."

It merged my reply.

Foxes and birds are not sentient beings and are of samsara. A human being is of samsara and can not find rest. Moving beyond the local mind/samsara one can find rest/void.

Edited by Tom

Moving on,

86. Jesus said, "[Foxes have] their dens and birds have their nests, but human beings have no place to lay down and rest."

It merged my reply.

Foxes and birds are not sentient beings and are of samsara. A human being is of samsara and can not find rest. Moving beyond the local mind/samsara one can find rest/void.

from what i have seen its not some where you go. Its not something you become. Its not even something you can obtain. Rest and ectsasy isnt more here and less over there. In any way shape or form. Except that it is based upon ones own limitation. Its a fabrication of the mind.

i wish i knew more of the context of the comment from the writer. But i will just go with it being a thought in the midst of an awakening. Valid at that particular time to the one writing it.

Looks like tom made some sense of it. I think im saying something the same.

Edited by running

Moving on,

It merged my reply.

from what i have seen its not some where you go. Its not something you become. Its not even something you can obtain. Rest and ectsasy isnt more here and less over there. In any way shape or form. Except that it is based upon ones own limitation. Its a fabrication of the mind.

i wish i knew more of the context of the comment from the writer. But i will just go with it being a thought in the midst of an awakening. Valid at that particular time to the one writing it.

Looks like tom made some sense of it. I think im saying something the same.

i have been wanting to add something i have been contemplating a lot about while driving.  The word limitation i think to me should be changed to creation. I put a skewed way at looking at it through a poor choice of words. The limitation and fabrication is what makes the whole thing so beautiful. The individual gets to build a framework to work with. A framework in that one gets to make an incrediblely sophisticated journey from oneness and back. Along the way experiencing it from countless ways. From eating an apple to having sex. To it becoming found bit by bit in its true nature. Causeless. From finding it in a person such a jesus, various books of ideas about it from various cultures about the matter, to the sky, to a tree, mars, air, temples, to it bexoming again more altogether everything. Tell it becomes meaningless because there is no where it is not. 

Its really imo in the journey itself that the beauty lies. Making the infinite desireable in countless ways.

Edited by running

Okay it seems like we have that one down.

Moving on,

87. Jesus said, "How miserable is the body that depends on a body, and how miserable is the soul that depends on these two."

Okay it seems like we have that one down.

Moving on,

87. Jesus said, "How miserable is the body that depends on a body, and how miserable is the soul that depends on these two."

the body is in discomfort without the soul. The soul is in discomfort without the body. When the two become one the body becomes an expression of the soul. This can be witnessed through the nervous system in ectsasy. 

How about 88? 

88. Jesus said, "The messengers and the prophets will come to you and give you what belongs to you. You, in turn, give them what you have, and say to yourselves, 'When will they come and take what belongs to them?'"

I'm not sure how to interpret it.

Hi Qi,

Jesus said, "The messengers and the prophets will come to you and give you what belongs to you. You, in turn, give them what you have,

This to me is a jab at the church :)

Messengers and prophets will come and tell you what is wrong with you. You will give them your faith and your money.

and say to yourselves, 'When will they come and take what belongs to them?'"

While you give them your faith and support. When will you experience the spirit, the light?

He is saying you have been listening and supporting these priests and have not found the kingdom of heaven.... Maybe you should look elsewhere :)

To help with this I think the next line from the Gospel helps.

89. Jesus said, "Why do you wash the outside of the cup? Don't you understand that the one who made the inside is also the one who made the outside?"

It is that which is within the cup that one drinketh from. It is from within that the kingdom of heaven spillith over.

Hi Qi,

Jesus said, "The messengers and the prophets will come to you and give you what belongs to you. You, in turn, give them what you have,

This to me is a jab at the church :)

Messengers and prophets will come and tell you what is wrong with you. You will give them your faith and your money.

and say to yourselves, 'When will they come and take what belongs to them?'"

While you give them your faith and support. When will you experience the spirit, the light?

He is saying you have been listening and supporting these priests and have not found the kingdom of heaven.... Maybe you should look elsewhere :)

good point

To help with this I think the next line from the Gospel helps.

89. Jesus said, "Why do you wash the outside of the cup? Don't you understand that the one who made the inside is also the one who made the outside?"

I would like suggest another possible view for this one. If you think of the cup as your mind, washing or having a clean cup would be your actions and how you appear others. Like if one appears to be very pious in their actions. But, it is the actual underlying intent (or the inside) which defines us. The underlying thoughts rather than the spoken words.

Best wishes.

Moving on,

90. Jesus said, "Come to me, for my yoke is comfortable and my lordship is gentle, and you will find rest for yourselves."

Moving on,

90. Jesus said, "Come to me, for my yoke is comfortable and my lordship is gentle, and you will find rest for yourselves."

i like this one to. To me its what makes it good to be around for the reason of healing and growth. I believe he is explaining the power of his presence.